Monday, June 14, 2010

Oklahoma's Crazy Weather


Today The Sooner State experienced some crazy weather...as usual. A record rain fall was last recorded at 5.88" and the flooding is expected to increase as the thunder storms continue through the morning. Typically Oklahoma doesn't receive this much rain fall for the entire month of June. The previous record was recorded at 3.95". OHP reported that traffic was closed at I-235 northbound at northeast 50th due to the heavy flooding. The Kilpatrick Turnpike by Penn and Portland was also closed, east bond traffic is exiting on Penn. The rain fall is expected to increase through out tomorrow morning. Its advised that people not under estimate this weather and proceed with caution while traveling.

7 comments:

  1. I just can't imagine seeing that. We got wet on the south side, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some of the flooding and a couple of my coworkers couldn't get to work because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It flooded near me...and I live two blocks from campus! I don't know what's worse...stepping in a puddle or the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live RIGHT by Penn and kilpatrick! Lets just say I didnt leave my house at ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it flooded crazy like that near my house!

    ReplyDelete